Wednesday, November 11, 2009

element : color






















Seen on Stephmodo yesterday, the Peintures Ressource 1950's paint collection is perfectly edited. 


I generally use standard U.S. brand paints (low VOC, of course), but this French brand's palette based on the British Standard Institute's color chart is spot on. 


The colors chosen for the exterior of my house have comparable counterparts here in the upper right hand box (body) and the center lower box (trim). 


For the past couple years I've felt my interior color was 'off'.  It's close, but not quite right.  It has a little bit too much orange in it, but I get so bogged down in the fan-deck that I haven't been able to choose another hue.  The above spectrum simplifies the color wheel enough for me so that I can now see what direction I should be going: from the upper center to the upper right.  I'll try to post some color swatches soon.

No comments: