Thursday, November 19, 2009

wish list : this holiday season


Bern Bike Helmet from REI

I don't wear spandex while I ride my bike so I think a helmet like this would be perfect.




















Nikki McClure's webpage and products for sale.

Nikki McClure is an amazing artist out of Olympia Washington who creates images with incredible precision and clarity by cutting sheets of paper with an x-acto knife. She really captures the human spirit and inspires me to be a positive force in my community. 


I used to create a lot of art projects with wood: paintings on sticks, embelished walking sticks, mobiles and so on. Years ago I inherited an ancient drill from my Dad so that I could hang pieces on the wall or hand things on the sticks.  Since then I've collected quite a catalog of natural materials such as stone, bone and shell that I really need to manipulate for future projects. So for this holiday season I will be requesting a Dremel Rotary Tool and their Workstation that mounts the tool into a drill press setup.  I'm totally convinced that this will revamp my creative juices.




The quest for the perfect black boot will continue this holiday season.



No comments: