Wednesday, February 17, 2010

two toned walls

Browsing the net the other day I came across a Parisian flat that I immediately fell in love with (on Bodie and Fou). Coming in at a mere 270 square feet the space hasn’t been overly fussed about or modernized. It is minimal and timeless with classic and modern touches.



The walls in this flat really got my attention and reminded me of my time at university when I lived in a cottage (read shack) on acreage. After a couple months sleeping in a tent the front bedroom opened up for me to take residence. This was the bedroom that just so happened to have cotton-candy pink floral wallpaper. Seeing that it was a rental (and a shack), I quickly primed over the paper and painted the walls two tones with a stark white on top and an orange ochre on the bottom. I loved it and felt that I was living in a hacienda; given it was a bit of a neglected hacienda.

below: bodie and fou


below: benjamin moore paints. 
colors: blue bonnet and florida keys blue
below: from the danish magazine bolig magasinet.  I like how the dark cabinetry has the same affect as a two-tone paint application.
below: always awesome chaulk board paint from photographer daron chatz

below: two tones divided up high to lower the ceiling.  an oldie from domino magazine.
below: I love this image, but have no idea where it came from.
below: villanovo from the style files.  similar to the color I used for my two tone application.


No comments: